We are aware of the role and responsibility we have with regard to society. We are ISO 9001, ISO 14001, KOMO and VCA certified. We only process FSC® certified wood. It goes without saying for us that we provide sustainable and high-quality products and services and that we minimize residual flows.
We cannot do this alone, which is why we actively work with our stakeholders to continuously improve. We translate sustainability as employment in the Netherlands, restrictions on the use of raw materials, circularity and low life cycle costs.
KNOWLEDGE & EMPLOYMENT
- We work with 100 colleagues; sales and support, landscape designers, product development, production, work preparation, installation and infrastructure.
- We offer our employees a safe and familiar environment, with varied work. People can develop themselves by learning new skills or gaining new knowledge, for example through training. Our employment conditions are laid down in a company collective labor agreement.
- We are a recognized training company and we supervise BBL’ers and MBO and HBO interns every year.
- In connection with a good future for the manufacturing industry in the Netherlands, we invest in innovation and flexibility and also create employment in the Netherlands in the longer term. To resist competition from low wages in the Eastern Bloc, we are forcing ourselves to work smarter, more efficiently and more effectively.
- We have employed a WAJONG employee for years (social return), or 1.6% of our occupancy.
- Several times a year we provide guest lessons at secondary schools and Inholland. We also regularly give workshops to technasia. In this way we keep in touch with the needs and insights of future generations and we fulfill a social role in society.
- Every year we also facilitate knowledge days with the professional field and actively seek contact with our target groups through participation programs, events, workshops and guided tours.
- As a member of the NEN-1176 standards committee for playground equipment and NEN-1177 fall surfaces, we are committed to the development of safe play areas.
LIFE CYCLE COSTS
We design our devices with a view to placement in public spaces, with a long life and warranty in mind. We believe that devices need as little maintenance as possible after installation, so that as much money as possible remains available for new leeway. Our appliances are therefore characterized by low maintenance costs (<2% per year), a long service life (> 15 years). We even offer a lifetime warranty on some of our products .
In the early 1980s, we were the first company in the world to manufacture playground equipment from recycled plastic. Many of these devices are still in use today.
Our programs are designed in a modular way. This means that we can easily adjust devices, even after installation. Thanks to this modularity, we can easily exchange materials. Modularity also implies that parts and modules can be easily repaired, replaced and then reused or recycled in the event of damage and / or wear. In this way, we reduce the so-called life-cycle costs and extend the lifespan.
CIRCULARITY & RESOURCE USE
We produce and assemble our devices in our own factory in the Netherlands. We strive to do as much business as possible with local suppliers in order to contribute to reducing our footprint.
We are prepared with our business operations to reuse parts. We believe that in time we can continue to reuse and renew our products in the long term to the specific wishes of the customer, neighborhood or district. Our core business is the design and realization of sustainable, challenging play areas. Playground equipment is part of the design, but a play area is more than a collection of equipment. Our strategy is to develop into a partner who offers the function play, while we remain the owner of the raw materials. Raw material prices show an increasing trend. We expect raw materials to become scarcer and therefore more expensive. We have therefore been busy for years adjusting our business operations in collaboration with the entire chain.
CIRCULARITY & DESIGN
We achieve an important profit for reuse in the design and production of appliances and street furniture. When applying material, we start from the standard available sizes or lengths and we use these sizes as optimally as possible. By smart design we avoid cutting loss and we need less raw materials.
We strive for a minimum number of components that we use in our devices. All materials used by us are reusable. Many of the materials used by us are ideal for high-quality reuse, such as metal, stainless steel and plastic. The components from the technical and biological cycles can be separated from each other, without the use of additional substances or materials that cannot be reused in the process.
Only wood is recycled in low quality, or used as fuel to heat our own production in Nieuwendijk.
OFFER DRIVEN DESIGN AND PRODUCTION
When designing a playground, we design supply-driven. This means that we inventory which materials are released and use them as much as possible in the new designs, possibly in a different function. Think of 30 × 30 tiles for an outdoor class, a grandstand or partition. A closed ground balance with reuse of the ground as a slope with slope. Or an insect hotel from residual material.